Monday, March 25, 2013

More Baby Momma Drama... What to do now????

 Just when you think things are FINALLY starting to go well..........

So right now my daughter and I get to see each other once a week...Every other week is a sleep over so we get to spend 47 hours a month together.... That's not even 2 days...( and they always pull into my driveway 5 minutes late, and are ALWAYS sitting in my driveway 20 minutes early just counting down the minutes)....     and I get an extra sleep over on holidays.

So as you all know I am just recovering from my surgery and may have to return to work this week, in which case I will not be able to take the time I need off for my Easter visit as I just had 3 weeks off. So I have 3 solutions:

1. I take her on the Friday 9am until Saturday 1pm when I start work ( I'd be loosing a few
    hours of time but at least we would have some time together).
2. My regular visit on the following Tuesday becomes a 2 day visit.
3. We have 3 weeks of sleep over visits in a row.

To this I am told NO, it is an Easter visit it should be on Easter other wise there is no point. The courts said Saturday night to Sunday if you have to work that's your problem the schedule is the schedule, and I was told that 2 day visits are way too long and that's its not happening.....

Ok so to this I ask Is Friday not apart of Easter the whole weekend is Easter from good Friday to Easter Monday,  IF ANYTHING Saturday and Sunday  are not Easter, Besides it's not the day that matters it's the time spent together that counts right?

So I decide to mention the fact that we going back to court in July to straighten out the rest of this mess and that I will be getting my 2 night visits then anyways, so why keep punishing Matilda further just let her see her father, Well she thought court was over.... her lawyer basically ditched her from what I can tell right now, really If I kept my mouth shut it would have been a huge surprise when she gets served with the  new papers for July,  

So she asked me WHAT  this isn't good enough for you???? I couldn't help but to chuckle in disgust when I said no.... SHE IS MY DAUGHTER 47 HOURS A MONTH IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME AND IT'S NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR HER ETHER...... notice how she cries more then half the time when she is picked up from my house ? NEVER once has she cried when being dropped off to me! Nothing but giggles and smiles!, she started yelling and had asked me what I expect out of all this,  I then told her that she needs to calm down, and stop yelling in front of Matilda, and told her she needs to go home and read the OCL (Ontario children's lawyer) report that she got at our last court date. and that I am asking for what she recommended our settlement in court was not final it was only to last until Matilda turns 3 years old, (I guess her lawyer had forgotten to tell her about that part..) I then told her if she wants to, AFTER going home and reading the papers, we can go out to dinner somewhere and talk about it all  and see if we can come up with an agreement  so that we can just go to court no lawyers and no fees to pay, and just sign off!!!

It's going on day 5 now and I have not heard anything else...... I have sent my lawyer an email regarding my Easter visit, I hope she gets back to me soon, with some advice!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This conversation was on the posting of this blog on my facebook!

Will Holland Check out "Fathers for Justice".
36 minutes ago · Unlike · 1

Franklin TheTurtle S this one is mine!! but ill check it out!! thanks
34 minutes ago · Edited · Like

Marlene Mcgrath That's nuts frank you should be able to see your daughter whenever you want with or without notice and baby momma (not saying her name)should be grateful and respect the fact you wanna remain in Matilda's life
32 minutes ago via mobile · Like

Will Holland Np Frank, I figured that was your blog... just wanted to let you know that there are other fathers in your position, and there is that group that tries to promote fathers' rights... it's always about the bank account in the eyes of the courts when it comes to our involvement.
28 minutes ago · Unlike · 1

Franklin TheTurtle S that's not true.. i have never been so broke in my life these past 2 years.. and i have done great with fight for my rights so far.... a year ago I had no rights at all.... had to see my daughter through a supervised visitation program...
25 minutes ago · Like

Franklin TheTurtle S but her mom has done a GREAT job of making herself look like a douche in court so i guess that has helped some
24 minutes ago · Like

Will Holland What I mean is that a lot of fathers want more than 1 or 2 days a week, but they aren't given it - they pay their fair share, but they get nothing more in terms of visitation... did a study on this group awhile back.
23 minutes ago · Like

Franklin TheTurtle S the OCL recommended that when she is 3 i have 2 night visits every other week a 1 day visit every other week + a 3 hour dinner visit every single week and that we share all holidays... + some other random things that I had asked for, that's what I am asking for (for now) and I'm sure I'll get it!! I have played all my cards perfectly done EVERYTHING they have asked AND MORE, if my crappy wages can get in the way of that..... well........ we shall see i guess
13 minutes ago · Like

Will Holland It shouldn't, don't worry about that so much... but why not 3 full days one week, and 4 full days every other week?... that is 50-50 and fair.
10 minutes ago · Like

Franklin TheTurtle S This is not about me this is not about Laura and this not about money...... This is about the future of a little girl, and the most important thing in a little girls life is love and comfort of her daddy, and no little girl can have too much of that.
10 minutes ago · Like · 1

Franklin TheTurtle S That's the next battle my friend.... These things take way to long in this system, it's much faster to do things in baby steps
5 minutes ago · Like

Franklin TheTurtle S this way I have opportunity to better my own self and my own life between each battle, and the courts can clearly see that I am not joking
4 minutes ago · Like

Unknown said...

So as it turns out, I'm not going back to work this week anyways, and I can take the scheduled visit time...... But it was good that this all happened now anyways because we need to set a date for court and the courts are booking for July and august right now.... I has hoping to get a late June early July date.... as Matilda turns 3 early July and I want my first 2 day visit ASAP, I CANT WAIT!!! going to take her camping one night this year!