Tuesday, April 2, 2013

How importmant are manners??

This visit Matilda wanted me to open a chocolate for her, but she kept saying "open this" now I know she is only 2 and a half, but she is nearing 3 and she knows her manners, and we both know that I know that she knows her manners!! but she was refusing to say please, so I did not open it, about an hour went by of her bugging me about it non stop, and me saying, all you have to do is please, or whats the magic words, when she started to cry, then scream, and i told her again "sweety' daddy wants to give you the chocolate, but you need to use your manners, if you just say please I will gladly open for you, she just kept crying and saying open it,, about half hour 45 minutes went by and she had cried herself to sleep.... an hour later she woke up brought me the chocolate and said, daddy can you open this for me please!

Was i right in doing this, is there a better approach? 
http://www.gofundme.com/SingleDadsFighingFathers
Please leave your comments. 

~Frank~

No comments: