Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Problem with legal aid.....

Hello everyone:

Today I received an Email from my lawyer saying I have been cut off legal aid because" you have failed in an obligation to legal aid".....

  Now 2 years ago when all this first stared Legal aid had told me that I have to pay $50 a month to them, because of my income, Then I showed them my pay stubs and my child support payments, and they said I didn't have to pay anything, then in January 2011, they started taking $50 a month right out of my bank account without my permission, and I didn't even notice until February 2012.....
  So when I finally realize why I am falling short every month I ask my bank who the hell is OLA and why the hell are you letting them take money outta my account, my bank admitted to me on the phone that they didn't know who they were and that they can't find anything saying they should be taking money out of my account, and they gave me back 2 months = to $100 and refused me the rest ... so needless to say I left TD Canada trust and will never go back..

  So Legal aid sends me a notice at the beginning of march and I finally figure out who OLA is..... I called them and asked them why they were even taking money out of my account, they did not have my permission, I was told I didn't have to pay because of my child support, they then tell me this is something I must reapply for every 6 months.....
  Well nobody told me this, and it's not in any of my paper work ( I keep ALL of it ), I didn't even get any kind of notification of any kind...... So I re apply and they want proof of my pay stubs, well the next day I get a call from my surgeon telling me if I want to go in early for  the surgery I needed   that I had about 40 hours to prepare.... so needless to say I didn't get my pay stubs faxed to legal aid..
  So 2 weeks later when I was able to get out of bed and walk around a little bit I saw the paper and remembered... OH SHIT... so I call them right away and let them know what had happened, surprisingly they actually understood, and asked when I cold get it in, I told them I need to find a ride to a fax machine as I am still unable to walk that far, and said 2-3 days tops. they said ok and gave me 1 week. I did it the next day,

So 2-3 more weeks go by and..... welcome to today..... So I have called them back to see why I was cut off, and they tell me that I did not send them any of the information they had asked me for..... That's Bul and I have the receipt to prove it!!  now because they screwed up and lost my paperwork I have to re-fax all these pay stubs (going to cost me another $15) and the receipt from the first time ( not so they can pay me back... so they know I'm not lying.....)...  and on top of this all my lawyer can't do any work for me until this is all fixed, and she was just in the process of making our next court date for summer access and full weekend visits.... so now by the time we get back into court the summer will have come and gone, and I am so pissed, but I all I can do is sit here and smile........

I really am not sure how much more of this I can take... It may seem like a small thing to some people but to me.      This is my world.

No comments: