Sunday, May 5, 2013

My visit to Family court with flyers!

So I went to my local Family court house to hand out flyers to advertise for My Facebook page (SDFF)  
so I brought 65 Flyers and managed to hand out about 40 of them!! the other 15 I taped to the street poles and bus shelters near by and put a few up in a couple of community centers!

When I got to the court house I handed out almost 10 flyers right in the family court house before the asked me to leave, It was a female lawyer real snobby looking and sounding she was representing only moms from what I was later told by some of the dad's I had talked to... But I did not stop there I stayed the whole day!!

My next spot was in the lobby, not this building has all finds of things in it, like service Canada and some other Government places.. So I just stood in the lobby holding up my flyers so that people could see them and asking people if they were there for a family matter! I got a good few hours in this spot! Talked to a bunch of people, Including some Lawyers they applaud what I'm dong! Then I was asked to leave by a security officer that was on patrol, But I did not stop here!!

I stood outside the building and continued to do the same thing! Until about 2pm when the last people have already gone in.

I had many MANY conversations on this day but the memorable one was the 15 year old boy that was there cause his dad was a deadbeat.. I gave him a flyer anyways and told him that if he ever feels like he need some fatherly advice that he could always come to my page , and told him that there are many great fathers on this page that will always be glad to hand down some advice!! I have not seen him yet tho it's been about 2 weeks.

I want to go back again this Tuesday, but I only have 1 day every other week to myself and I have ALOT of things I need to be doing right now with my own court case so I'm not sure if I will be able to....

Thanks for reading!
http://www.gofundme.com/SingleDadsFighingFathers
~Frank~

No comments: