Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Our Summer Visits - 1. The Zoo

Well as you all know I have put Cooking With Daddy, on hold for the summer... I was supposed to blog about each episode  during my free time, but I didn't have any, between work, and all the extra visits I had with Matilda!! Totally unexpected and absolutely amazing!!

I am that dad with all kinds of money to do everything there is to do, but I am that dad who wants to spend every waking moment with my daughter!  This summer I had Matilda almost every single day off I had!! I would have her dropped off at my work when I was done Monday at 2pm and picked up at 2pm at my work before I started on Thursday! (not every week but most) I had her for 4 days on her birthday and 4 days for my birthday!!

In March I bought a Membership to the zoo!! So we went to the zoo 3-4 times a month at least, We went on pony rides, and Camel rides, she loves the bus tour they have and its free for Members so we went on that a lot too!

I would let her guide me around the zoo, she is 3 years old and knows how to get anywhere in the zoo!! (she makes some mistakes but she knows it better than most!). She makes Daddy so proud!

Their is an exhibit for the kids, where they can crawl thew a small tube and sit in a cage like they are animals, and people walk by and looks at them in there!! Well I went in there with her ( I was like an army man crawling in the grass like a snake, but I got in!) and we had lunch together!! All the people walking by pointing at us and banging on the glass,  (man it's annoying when they bang on the glass) We really got to see what it's like to be a caged animal, what an experience!

                              This pic is Matilda and her cousin Austin in the cage I mentioned ^^

She knows the names of all the animals, and has even started to be interested in what all the signs say!  She is so smart and so curious!! It's my job to keep it that was!! This is one little girl that is going to go places!

We would go and spend a whole day just watching the elephants, and that's it! or the grizzly bears, what ever she wanted we did!, however just to teach her good morals, I would spend an hour at an animal that I know she isn't interested in, and when she complained about it I would teach her that, she got watch the elephants for 2 hours, now it's daddy's turn to watch the hippo's, IT'S ONLY FAIR, now she more patient and knows about taking turns and being fair!! She has become such a good sport!

She loves to play on curbs and rocks Loves to into the forests, and LOVES anything that has to do with  nature, Just like her daddy!  So naturally she falls down a lot, last year I taught her, " when you fall down, you have to get back up", so now every time she falls she says "it's OK I got back up!" even if she is bleeding or limping even crying (she never cries really)  she says "it 'It's OK I got back up", She shakes it off, laughs, and keeps on going!  now I'm teaching her that when she gets back up, she has to try again!!  Other parents at the zoo are always amazed by how tough she is and how cute it is when she says it!!
                                                  she also loves to "ride" the statue animals

We saw a huge Canadian geese fight (one was trying to steal the others baby's we helped them, IT WAS CRAZY, and very dangerous and SCARY for all of us. but was an amazing experience, The mother goose actually thanked us afterwords,  she looked me right in the eyes and bobbed her head I could see the gratitude, and then actually let us touch and pick up one of her chicks!! we were trying to pet one for about 10 minutes before all this happened.  The fight was between about 8 geese total and it was wild and crazy the chicks were running wild, and I was keeping them in a group and near to their mother, while at the same time hugging Matilda close to my body and keeping her safe, as those geese are very strong and can easily break the bones of a small child. I wish I had pics, but obviously I could not take pics at the time.

I'd have to say my only bad experience at the zoo was the time the employee their pushed my daughter, <<>>


I will post another blog about the rest of our adventures including trips to grandma's and other family and friends and our own back yard adventures shortly!!

Sorry I haven't posted in so long.. But now I have some time and will be posting a lot of blogs over the next week or so, to catch up on the summer!!

Thanks for reading

Franklin Saplamaeff!



























No comments: